CASTELLO DI NEIVE
The beautiful Castello di Neive estate in the Barbaresco zone of Piedmont has played an important part in the development of the noble Nebbiolo grape since 1857 and can boast the famous Santo Stefano vineyard as part of its stable.
Bruno Giacosa, with his legendary Barbarescos of the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, first brought the world’s attention to these vines. Even today, when he is more focused on making wines from estate-grown fruit, Giacosa speaks of Santo Stefano with reverence and awe, and lists it as the top vineyard in Barbaresco.
The 40 year old vines of Santo Stefano, mostly Nebbiolo Lampia and Nebbiolo Rosé, are planted on south facing slopes, 270 meters above sea level, in calcareous marl subsoil. Approximately 35,000 bottles are produced annually.
The wines, a straight Barbaresco and a Riserva, only produced in the best vintages, are full bodied but delicate, with floral and spiced aromas and pure, clean fruit. Their excellent balance and well-integrated tannins give them good aging potential. Both wines are aged in 30-50 hectoliter oak casks and then in bottle for at least 12 months before release.
- CASTELLO di NEIVE CLASSICO Pinot Nero VdT
- CASTELLO di NEIVE CLASSICO Pinot Nero 1500ml VdT
- ARNEIS LANGHE Montebertotto DOC
- LANGHE BIANCO Riesling DOC
- LANGHE BIANCO Riesling 1500ml DOC
- GRIGNOLINO DOC
- DOLCETTO d'ALBA Basarin DOC
- BARBERA d'ALBANo Sulphites DOC
- BARBERA d'ALBA Santo Stefano DOC
- PINOT NERO I Cortini DOC
- BARBARESCO DOCG
- BARBARESCO Gallina DOCG
- BARBARESCO Santo Stefano 375ml DOCG
- BARBARESCO Santo Stefano DOCG
- BARBARESCO Santo Stefano Riserva DOCG
- BARBARESCO Santo Stefano 1500ml DOCG
- BARBARESCO Santo Stefano Riserva 1500ml DOCG
- MOSCATO d'ASTI DOCG
- CASTELLO di NEIVE Arneis Passito 500ml DOCG
Visit their website: