La Giaretta is a family run estate located in Valgatara, a small hill town that lies in the heart of the classic Valpolicella region. Valpolicella and its sturdier brother Amarone della Valpolicella are the two most important red wines in the Veneto and La Giaretta produces superb examples of both.
La Giaretta’s vineyards total ten hectares and sit at an altitude of approximately 200 meters on alluvial, stony and morainic soil. For several generations, the winery has produced and bottled wine obtained exclusively from grapes grown on the estate.
The production range includes a fine selection of Valpolicella Classicos, Amarone Classicos and two dessert wines, one white, Girolamo and one red, Recioto. At the top of the range are Amarone I Quadretti and Valpolicella Classico, I Quadretti both made from La Giaretta’s finest grapes and aged in small French oak barrels.
The fact that FortyFive10° takes its name from the co-ordinates of the Valpolicella region is no co-incidence. Company founder and director, Massimiliano Jacobacci decided on the name to honour his grandfather; oenologist, collector and teacher, who’s favourite wine was Amarone.
- VALPOLICELLA Volpare DOC
- VALPOLICELLA Classico Superiore Ripasso DOC
- CORVIN 95 Rosso Veronese DOC
- VALPOLICELLA Classico Superiore I Quadretti DOC
- VALPOLICELLA Classico Superiore I Quadretti 1500ml DOC
- AMARONE Classico DOC
- AMARONE Classico 1500ml DOC
- AMARONE Classico I Quadretti DOC
- AMARONE Classico I Quadretti 1500ml DOC
- RECIOTO Classico 500ml DOC
Visit their website: