La Giaretta is a family run estate located in Valgatara, a small hill town that lies in the heart of the classic Valpolicella region. Valpolicella and its sturdier brother Amarone della Valpolicella are the two most important red wines in the Veneto and La Giaretta produces superb examples of both.
La Giaretta’s vineyards total ten hectares and sit at an altitude of approximately 200 meters on alluvial, stony and morainic soil. For several generations, the winery has produced and bottled wine obtained exclusively from grapes grown on the estate.
The production range includes a fine selection of Valpolicella Classicos, Amarone Classicos and two dessert wines, one white, Girolamo and one red, Recioto. At the top of the range are Amarone I Quadretti and Valpolicella Classico, I Quadretti both made from La Giaretta’s finest grapes and aged in small French oak barrels.
The fact that FortyFive10° takes its name from the co-ordinates of the Valpolicella region is no co-incidence. Company founder and director, Massimiliano Jacobacci decided on the name to honour his grandfather; oenologist, collector and teacher, who’s favourite wine was Amarone.
• 2012 VALPOLICELLA Volpare DOC
• 2011 VALPOLICELLA CLASSICO Superiore Ripasso DOC
• 2008 VALPOLICELLA CLASSICO Superiore I Quadretti DOC
• 2006 VALPOLICELLA CLASSICO Superiore I Quadretti 1500ml DOC
• 2011 AMARONE CLASSICO della VALPOLICELLA DOC
• 20011 AMARONE CLASSICO della VALPOLICELLA 1500ml DOC
• 2008 AMARONE CLASSICO della VALPOLICELLA Riserva I Quadretti DOC
• 2007 AMARONE CLASSICO della VALPOLICELLA Riserva I Quadretti 1500ml DOC
• 2007 RECIOTO CLASSICO della VALPOLICELLA 500ml DOC
Visit their website: