Paolo e Noemia D'Amico
Paolo e Noemia d’Amico
The Paolo e Noemia D’Amico estate was established in the 1980’s and sits in the wonderfully green Vaiano valley, on the borders of Tuscany, Lazio and Umbria. Today, Paolo and Noemia d’Amico’s company is one of the most interesting on the Italian wine scene, with wines that are deservedly found in the best cellars.
The estate covers 90 hectares, 21 of which are planted to vine. The microclimate and soil, which has benefited from extensive volcanic activity, produce the excellent conditions needed for the main grape varieties Paolo and Noemia grow; Chardonnay, Merlot, Grechetto, Malvasia, and Procanico.
Four wines are produced on the estate, Villa Tirrena (a Merlot), Noe Orvieto secco, and two Chardonnays, barrique aged, Falesia and the un-oaked Calanchi di Vaiano. Annual production is 100,000 bottles.
• 2013 NOE Orvieto Procanico/Grechetto/Malvasia DOP
• 2012 CALANCHI di VAIANO Chardonnay IGT
• 2011 FALESIA Chardonnay IGT
• 2011 SEIANO ROSSO Sangiovese/Merlot IGT
• 2010 VILLA TIRRENA Merlot IGT
• 2011 NOTTURNO dei CALANCHI Pinot Nero IGT
• 2013 TERRE di ALA IGT
Visit their website: