Tenuta J. Hofstätter
Founded by Joseph Hofstätter nearly 100 years ago, the J Hofstätter estate is situated in the
southern part of the South Tyrol and produces some of the finest Pinot Noirs, Gewürztraminers and Lagreins in Italy.
The estate stretches to the western slopes of the Adige Valley near Mazon and enjoys perfect conditions for Pinot Noir. This area is now recognized as one of the few places worldwide, outside France, capable of producing this great, yet difficult Burgundian red and Hofstatter’s superlative Barthenau Sant ‘Urbano, is testament to this. The estate also comprises eight hectares of vineyard on the hillside above Tramin, birthplace of Gewürztraminer.
This is where the grapes for Hofstatter’s excellent Kolbenhof are grown. Kolbenhof is a perfectly balanced, weighty and complex Gewurztraminer that has a kaleidoscope of fruit, spice and flowers on the nose and can be laid down for up to 8 years. Today, the winery is run by Joseph’s great nephew, Martin Foradori-Hofstätter who passionately maintains a delicate balance between tradition and innovation in the vineyards and at the winery, producing wines that are both magnificent and authentic.
• 2013 PINOT BIANCO DOC
• 2013 PINOT GRIGIO DOC
• 2012 PINO BIANCO Barthenau Vigna S. Michele DOC
• 2012 LAGREIN DOC
• 2013 MECZAN Pinot Nero DOC
• 2010 LAGREIN Riserva Steinraffler DOC
• 2004 YNGRAM Cabernet Sauvignon/Petit Verdot/Shiraz DOC
• 2013 GEWURZTRAMINER DOC
• 2011 GEWURZTRAMINER Vendemmia Tardiva Joseph 375ml DOC
• 2012 GEWURZTRAMINER Kolbenhof DOC
• 2009 GEWURZTRAMINER Kolbenhof 1500ml DOC
• 2011 ROSENMUSKATELLER Vendemmia Tardiva 375ml DOC
• 2009 PINOT NERO Mazon Riserva DOC
• 2011 PINOT NERO Barthenau Vigna S.Urbano DOC
• 2009 PINOT NERO Barthenau Vigna S.Urbano 1500ml DOC
• 2007 PINOT NERO Barthenau Vigna S.Urbano 1500ml DOC
• NV GRAPPA di BARTHENAU Vigna S.Urbano 500ml
• NV GRAPPA di STEINRAFFLER Lagrein 500ml
Visit their website: