Villa Sparina is a family estate in the Gavi district of Piedmont, an area that has specialised in growing Barbera and Dolcetto and most notably the white grape Cortese for more than 1,000 years. Here the Moccagatta family, who own Sparina, produce exquisite wines from all these local grapes. The wines are easily recognisable by their distinctive bottle shape.
Villa Sparina’s 60 hectares of vineyard are dotted around the Monterotondo hills and grow in predominantly clay-marl and clay-limestone soils. The mainly south facing vineyards are between 300 and 400 meters above sea level and benefit from the Ligurian sea’s cooling breezes, approximately 40km away.
- GAVI di GAVI 375ml DOCG
- GAVI di GAVI DOCG
- GAVI di GAVI 1500ml DOCG
- GAVI di GAVI Monterotondo DOCG
- MONTEJ ROSE Monferrato Chiaretto DOC
- MONTEJ ROSSO Monferrato Barbera DOC
- BARBERA del MONFERRATO 375ml DOC
- BARBERA del MONFERRATO DOC
- BARBERA Rivalta DOC
- GAVI di GAVI Conti di Alari DOCG
- BARBERA del MONFERRATO Conti di Alari DOCG
Visit their website: